Learn how you can activate the Xfinity Stream Beta app on your Roku.
You should be aware that you cannot use the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku prior to setting up our Xfinity Internet and Xfinity TV services.
As soon as you activate Xfinity Internet and TV services, you can Get all the apps found on AAO Roku models:
- Roku TVs: A000X, C000X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X
- Roku Streaming Media Players:
- Roku Ultra (4340X, 4660X)
- Roku Express (3700X, 3900X) and Express+ (3710X, 3910X)
- Roku Premiere (3920X, 4620X) and Premiere+ (3921X, 4630X)
- Roku 2 (4210X only), Roku 3 and 4 (4200X, 4210X, 4230X, 4400X)
- Roku Streaming Stick and Streaming Stick+: 3600X, 3800X, 3810X
- Roku Sound Bar: 9100X
Devices must be on minimum firmware version 8.1 b1 or higher.
The Xfinity Stream Beta channel will only present in the Roku channel store for acceptable devices.
If you have two or more linked Xfinity accounts, see How to Link, Unlink and Switch between different Accounts for information on how to set the right default/primary account.
Attention that you may have to re-accept Terms of Activation if there are updates to your account or changes to your Xfinity TV package.
I don’t need information; take me directly to activate the Xfinity Stream Beta app on Roku.
I don’t know how to do this, take me to the activation instructions.
Activating the Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku
- To sign in Open the app from the Xfinity channel in the Roku Channel Store and sign in.
- To activate your Roku device, go to xfinity.com/authorize and activate from another device in your home (such as a mobile phone, tablet or desktop).
- From the web browser, enter the six-digit code provided with the Roku device.
- To sign in, enter your Xfinity ID and password, and then click Sign In.
- You will see a success! Message. The screen on your Roku or Roku-connected device will update soon.
- Enter your Xfinity ID and password, and then select Sign In.
- You’ll see a Success! Message. The screen of your Roku or Roku-connected device will soon update.
- The Terms of Activation will load on your Roku-connected device or Roku TV. Scroll to read the terms and select yes to accept and continue. If you select No Thanks, the activation process will restart.
- Terms of Activation if You Don’t Have Cloud DVR
- Terms of Activation screen for non-cloud DVR customers.
- Name your device and select Confirm.
- You’ll see the main menu and you’re ready to begin using the app!
Note: “Welcome Use of this device can only access Xfinity Stream over Xfinity internet WiFi in your home: If you are experiencing issues activating the Xfinity Stream beta app on Roku and have two or more Xfinity accounts linked To view the app of your choice at any time on your Smartphone, tablet or laptop, you may receive the following message. Error TVAPP-00101.”
To fix this, go to https://customer.xfinity.com/settings/account/linked-accounts and the account you want to activate your Roku device from by selecting this primary option. Learn more about how to link, unlink and switch between multiple accounts here for instructions on setting up the correct default/primary account.